Missionary, God Follower, Teacher, Mathematician, Chronically Late, Knitter, Singer, Musician, Eternal Optimist, Traveller, Coffee Lover, Photographer... Just a Day in the Life!

Friday 23 September 2011

A Day In The Life

And so the blog begins.
I've always wondered what would happen if I started one of these... I'm not entirely sure that something is supposed to happen really! You see, we used to keep blogs hidden and secret - we called them diaries. Now, thanks to the wonders of technology and the advances of this generation, we write our diaries on the internet, for the whole world to see. It's an odd transition really, but I suppose it makes sense for people to share their experiences with one another; maybe we can learn from one another's mistakes, thereby making fewer of our own?

So, yes, I'm a youth and children's worker, I trained originally as a primary school teacher and one day soon I hope to go off to be a missionary wherever God sends me, to do whatever He asks! But currently, youth, children's and family worker it is. I love my job: people say this a lot, I realise, but I really do love it. It has it's downsides, yes, but they never get close to outweighing the good.

Tonight was our church meeting. Not really a thrilling experience I suppose, but I had fun :) I shared my report and ended it with prayer requests. Following this, it was suggested that we pray there and then, leading to an impromptu prayer or two for the youth and children's ministry in our church. I felt so blessed to be reminded of how much the church supports me in what I do, and how much they care about the young people in our church. God gives us these little reminders of His love for us; I'm thankful He does because sometimes (shamefully) I forget. I thank God every day for the job I have and the love He gives me for the children and young people that He puts into my care and discipleship.

I am so in the right job :) and I sat in the meeting tonight wearing no shoes (I don't know why I ever bother putting them on in the first place), looking down at my odd socks, my dinosaur t-shirt and my Veggietales watch and thought that anyone who sees me would instantly be able to guess what role I fulfilled in the church! I shall endeavour to share some of it with you, in the hope that it will prove useful or helpful to someone, somewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment