Missionary, God Follower, Teacher, Mathematician, Chronically Late, Knitter, Singer, Musician, Eternal Optimist, Traveller, Coffee Lover, Photographer... Just a Day in the Life!

Tuesday 18 October 2011

I'll Be There For You

Today I am being thankful for friends. I am blessed enough to have people who not only love me, but pray for me and care about me. My friends mean the world to me; no-one else believes in me the way they do (other than God) and they have this way of making me smile even if I feel like crying. What a gift!

I sometimes, sadly, get complacent about my friends; I take them for granted without realising and, for those times, I'm sorry. My friends pick me up and put me back on my feet, sometimes without even realising they've done it...

I used to watch the TV show Friends (still do, it remains funny to this day) and be jealous of that group: that they were so close-knit, that they loved each other through thick and thin. When I look around today, I see that God has blessed me with friends on every side. I can never say I'm alone, even when it feels that way, because I see the company God's given me for the journey and I realise that He must love me very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment